#nationalsportsday #national #india #freedom #dhyanchand #historical #hockeylegand #greatindianplayers #sports
One friend asked the other, “Why do you pay so much money for your son to do all his sports”?
Well, I have a confession to make; I do not pay my son to do sports. Personally, it does not matter so long as he learns the lessons sports teaches!
So, if I am not paying for sports what am I paying for?
– My son realizes that there are moments in life that becomes so tired he wants to quit but does not.
– My son feels that there is a time when he comes home from school and is “too tired” to go to his practice but he goes anyway.
– My son to learn responsibility, ownership, discipline, focus, and dedication.
– My son is to learn to take care of his body, mind, belongings, and equipment.
– My son to learn to work with others and to be a good teammate, gracious in defeat, and humble in success.
– My son learns to deal with disappointment when he does not get that placing or title he’d hoped for, but still, he goes back week after week giving it his best shot.
– My son to learn to make and accomplish goals.
– My son to respect, not only himself but also other athletes, officials, and coaches.
– My son learns that it takes hours and hours, years and years of hard work and practice to create a champion and that success does not happen overnight nor its luck and magic.
– My son to be proud of small achievements, and work towards long-term goals.
– My son for this opportunity that he has and will have to make life-long friendships, create lifelong memories, to be as proud of his achievements as I am.
– My son can be out on the field or in the gym instead of in front of a screen.
– My son withstand, overcome, and endure pain, loss, insults, failure, and risk, yet come back with a smile.
“I could go on but, to be short, I don’t pay for sports; I pay for the opportunities that sports provide” he added.
At the end of the day, what your child carries in the voyage of life is a development in attributes that will serve them well throughout their lives and give them the opportunity to bless themselves and the lives of others.
By-and-Large we shall think of it as a great investment for every child’s future!
#sports #investment #future #education #discipline #commitment #life #lesson #lifelesson #lessonforlife #standout #notquit #attitude #idonotquit #focus #determination #coach #kuttystory #child #children #kids #parents #parenting #rightparenting #parentingguide #KovaiKirupakar #stayconnected #StayHome #StaySafe,
Learn Science through Cricket in Mango Education’s Free Course for kids between 11 to 15 years!