One friend asked the other, “Why do you pay so much money for your son to do all his sports”?
Well, I have a confession to make; I do not pay my son to do sports. Personally, it does not matter so long as he learns the lessons sports teaches!
So, if I am not paying for sports what am I paying for?
– My son realizes that there are moments in life that becomes so tired he wants to quit but does not.
– My son feels that there is a time when he comes home from school and is “too tired” to go to his practice but he goes anyway.
– My son to learn responsibility, ownership, discipline, focus, and dedication.
– My son is to learn to take care of his body, mind, belongings, and equipment.
– My son to learn to work with others and to be a good teammate, gracious in defeat, and humble in success.
– My son learns to deal with disappointment when he does not get that placing or title he’d hoped for, but still, he goes back week after week giving it his best shot.
– My son to learn to make and accomplish goals.
– My son to respect, not only himself but also other athletes, officials, and coaches.
– My son learns that it takes hours and hours, years and years of hard work and practice to create a champion and that success does not happen overnight nor its luck and magic.
– My son to be proud of small achievements, and work towards long-term goals.
– My son for this opportunity that he has and will have to make life-long friendships, create lifelong memories, to be as proud of his achievements as I am.
– My son can be out on the field or in the gym instead of in front of a screen.
– My son withstand, overcome, and endure pain, loss, insults, failure, and risk, yet come back with a smile.
“I could go on but, to be short, I don’t pay for sports; I pay for the opportunities that sports provide” he added.
At the end of the day, what your child carries in the voyage of life is a development in attributes that will serve them well throughout their lives and give them the opportunity to bless themselves and the lives of others.
By-and-Large we shall think of it as a great investment for every child’s future!
It seems like a Dream become a Reality. Once I wish for a vacation for some time to Sit back and just Relax, Be at Home, Play with Kids, Have It seems like a Dream become Reality once I wish for a vacation for some time to Sit back and just Relax, Be at Home, Play with Kids, Have some personal time too and whatnot.
Nevertheless, I never have I do not wish to see such a mess in life, shattering all dreams, etc.
Pure air but mask mandatory
Empty Roads but impossible long drive
Clean hands and Hygiene but no Handshakes & Hugs
Lot of time for Relationships and Friends but cannot get together
Crazy cooking ideas but no one to join
Awaiting to step into Office, Hangout, Joints, but none can turn up
Human productivity increased inspite of closed fertility centers
May have money but no means to spend, don’t have money but no way to earn
The Devil is all around but helpless to defend oneself
You the world, no one to cry beside you, nor for someone’s moral support
Dynamic Share market, Global Economy, Gold, Oil, EXIM etc. are all now under control suddenly
Educational Institutions Closed, Strict rules laid on kids on the usage of Phones, IPad, Tablets, gadgets etc. Now we use the same confusing them.
Ques that have been long and crowded have become distanced and never-ending
Public places like Parks, Beaches and walk-in are seen with no public
Hurried places such as Railway Station, Bus Stand, Airport, and Harbour are now deserted
All competitions stands cancelled, Even Olympics 2020, Grand Pix, IPL, etc. stands suspended
All Public Festivals, Personal celebration, Family Functions, Rituals, Matches, Cultural fest, Events, & Entertainment Show, etc. stands cancelled
Tourism, Restaurants, Bars, Hospitality, Automobiles, Manufacturing, and most of the labour-intensive industries has the worst crisis in history.
Modi again becomes the Saviour to unite the Nation and its people
All seems bad and sad but all is for Good and God has a reason for the same, to have faith and believe
Fortunately, All People at home along with Young ones get the time out to interact and spend time with all their connected and non-connected people like grandparents, lost friend connection, other extended families, and friends on a screen or a peep through check visit
People say Namaste, Vanakkam, Wash Hands, and Clean Feet while moving out and coming in more than ever
Younger Generation get familiar with the epic Ramayana and Mahabharatha (early considered only as a myth)
Instead of rushing on Superstitious belief on worship at Religious places, people find a way and learn that “God is now here” & “God is everywhere”.
All Place of worship are protected and Place of Service to Human are Praised
People avoid junk food, prepare healthy at home
Less sick turn to the Hospital and Clinic, looking for Home and natural remedies
Borders closed for any access, opportunist search for choices in the neighbourhood and surroundings
Volunteers become crusaders who once may have reason less travel which seems too expensive as every city is been divided into tiny zones & an instant fine issued for crossing the zone without a valid reason. (Only Transport workers, Essential services, etc.)
Why This and Now?
Every Year, Hopefully, this shall end before that, I shall do a Total Recall of things that I have gone through or as a Human we have gone through down the memory lane. Not sure, it is a cause and effect of Nature, nor by the Bio War testing (as it has been spoken of) or of any Scientific Lab leak like that of the Fukushima Nuclear reactor.
All I understand is that Life is not that long to run for something, Life is not that Short to Enjoy and be Selfish, Life is not that Positive to be Happy, and Life is not that Negative to be Sad. Let us be We, not Me, Help, and Support each other (Beware of Exploiters & Imposters).